Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Support and complete sale and purchase of securities, debt, and other financial instruments in capital markets. Price securities being bought or sold in keeping with regulatory and corporate standards and contemporaneous financial market data. Research market activity and risk factors that could affect the pricing of the portfolios and develop market research and analytics.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work as part of a team to create cash flow models, pricing methodologies and valuation techniques to support Fannie Mae's fixed-income portfolios and new business initiatives
- Discuss markets and fixed income concepts and trends with internal and external market participants, including Trade Desk, Risk Groups, and Third-party participants
- Execute daily fair-value pricing for the Company?s loans, securities, debt, and derivative portfolio for use by the Trade Desks, Risk Management, and Financial Reporting
- Research market activity and risk factors that could affect the pricing of the portfolios
- Execute pricing methodologies and strategies to ensure pricing is consistent with current market environment and reduce operational risk
- Ability to work independently to develop market research and analytics
- This position has significant responsibilities to work as part of the Capital Markets Pricing and Valuation team, wherein each member must exercise discretion and judgment with respect to all aspects of valuation.
- Expectations include meeting the needs of the team and the company, and will periodically require working long days and weekends to meet production deadlines.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of MBS and financial markets
- Understanding of fixed income analytics (DCFs, OAS, Duration/Convexity, spreads/Discount Margins, etc.)
- Comfortable discussing financial concepts with internal and external participants
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills desired
- Experience with Bloomberg, Intex and other valuation tools a plus
- Experience with SQL, Visual Basic a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57459