Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Our Single-Family team in Reston, VA is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer III that will play a key role in Fannie Mae’s flagship product application, Desktop Underwriter. You will be at the forefront of policy changes and leading modernization standards and any changes across the industry. You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. You will play a lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
• Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
• Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
• Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
• Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
•Experience with implementing integrations solutions with RESTful Webservices
•Experience with front-end development including experience with Angular
•Experience working with Java Applications deployed in a UNIX environment
•AWS knowledge and experience would be a plus
•Strong analytical skills and communication skills, ability to work across multiple teams
Req ID: 57432