Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Manage a unit whose staff identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in its transactions and infrastructure function. Staff assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would trigger disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of units whose operational risk is tracked to understand operational processes and to identify likely intersections, handoffs, bottlenecks and access points where operational risk is greater. Establish metrics for the business unit.
- Assign staff in assessing, measuring, and reporting operational risk, using established methodology and criteria. Assign and prioritize work to staff according to corporate standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assess proprietary applications developed for staff to use in aggregating, analyzing, and assessing operational risk in the course of studying assigned units. Suggest business or system requirements to technical staff for refinements of these applications.
- Prepare assessments or reports for business unit management, division or corporate management. Suggest adaptations to operational risk assessment tools, policies, or procedures based on empirical data generated by current experience.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Coach and educate staff on their assignments in support of risk management approaches.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge/experience in Risk Management including SOX
- Prior experience includes 6+ years in a related control discipline (e.g. Risk Management, Strategic Initiatives, Internal / External Audit, Operations, etc.). Big 4 assurance or advisory experience a plus.
- Effectively manage and lead a team of risk associates and conduct skills competency assessments in order to develop team learning plan and address gaps; Ability to perform Quality Assurance reviews on staff deliverables including control design assessments, utilizing industry best practices to help
- Prior experience working on a large-scale change initiative to provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing application
- Highly successful in applying critical thinking and analytical skills to help manage risk and solve problems that staff raises (e.g., analyzing root cause of issues, impact to business and required corrective actions)
- Knowledge of Lean Management a plus
- Ability to assess and develop resourcing plans, timelines, and deliverables for high level control design requirements for strategic programs
- Proven success in relationship building with management level business partners
- Experience and proven success in project management and managing staff that are executing multiple concurrent assignments
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and planning abilities
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57427