Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Work with consultants, auditors, and others to analyze and provide information on operational, reporting, or system impact related to policy changes and new products. Contribute to special projects. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics preferred
- CPA preferred
- 4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy.
- Comfortable working in an agile team based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data from various sources with accuracy and prudence.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information appropriately and a strong sense of internal controls.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57417