Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Our Single-Family team in Reston, VA is looking for a Scrum Master II that will be part of the most important digital transformation at Fannie Mae. You will be working on one of the most critical applications called Desktop Underwriter and helping to facilitate the redesign and rebuild of the platform as well as be part of moving the entire platform to the cloud using AWS. You will support one or more delivery teams within the fast-paced application development environment. Helps build high performing teams, build shippable product, and responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams. Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Serve as Scrum Master for 1-2 scrum teams
- Engage the stakeholders, and teams as appropriate to analyze business needs
- Communicate/escalate issues, risks and impediments to the leadership in a timely manner
- Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require coordination of development, testing, and deployment activities on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality
- Serve as knowledge source within project teams
- Coordinate and communicate upstream/downstream impacts to all stakeholders and ensure SDLC hygiene
- Communicate sprint objectives to backlog owners and stakeholders
- Work with Product Owners to ensure that product backlog is ready for upcoming sprint(s)
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (Daily Standup, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Sprint Review)
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup)
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in implementing agile processes within a large organization going through an Agile transformation
- 4+ years of Agile Software Development experience
- Experience with PI Planning facilitate scrum ceremonies for the teams (Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Backlog Refinement & Review/Demo)
- Experience with facilitating the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality
- Excellent communication skills including listening, verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Help build a productive team environment where teamwork and group problem solving is encouraged
- Takes a coach/mentor approach to help teams adopt an attitude of continuous improvement
- Servant leader/facilitator of team meetings
- Knowledge and experience of SAFe would be a plus
- Project Management experience would be a plus
- Scrum Master Certification would be preferred
- JIRA experience would be a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57399