Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design and/or conduct test plans and scripts to test new, customized, or COTS software to ensure optimal performance of software before being put into production or installed in network environment. Test compatibility of new software with installed systems, networks, and technology platforms. Track errors, bugs, and the like in test data files for follow up and/or further testing.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications of applications in development to see how they can be developed into testable elements.
- Create test lab scenarios, and execute test lab scenarios for the applications' enhancements, releases, regression testing.
- Conduct tests of applications in production or in development, applications about to be migrated, or applications recently patched. May lead a test exercise involving less experienced staff.
- Document test results, or compile results from tests conducted by others in standardized format. Report results to team management, application staff, and/or application owners.
- Report problems by providing reproducible test cases, and working with team members to close problem reports. Conduct root cause analysis of identified defects, providing business partners with sufficient detail to understand, replicate and resolve.
- May evaluate new versions of test tools for application systems and recommend their use to management.
- May provide technical or project leadership to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 2-4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and drive issues to resolution.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams.
- Experience in all phases of the development life cycle as it applies to quality assurance and software testing activities.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Jira, SQL, ALM, MS Access, XML Spy and Toad.
- Experience with any Automation tools are a Plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57353