Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the Sr Technology Engineer is to help build out Windows 10, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. The Ideal candidate will be a member of our Digital workplace team and will be supporting our Financial Market group.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in full compliance of enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to senior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Mastery level knowledge with supporting, managing, testing and implementing Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft O365, SharePoint, on prem and in the cloud, OneDrive and all other Microsoft Suite applications
- 7+ years dedicated to Microsoft enterprise software and platforms
- Experience in application interaction with operating systems, including the WMI, Windows registry, COM object registration, system/user variables and user-centric data related to application settings
- Experience with creation and maintenance of Operating System Deployment. (OSD) task sequences with SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager), MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit)
- The candidate must have proven End User interaction with various End Users and able to maintain ticket SLA’s for responding to User Request promptly
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57341