Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Advise and provide support to business unit clients and People & Places partners on a variety of employee relations matters, including, but not limited to, coaching employees and managers through performance management issues and policy interpretation. Collaborates within People & Places to enforce employee policies, practices, processes and procedures that promote a safe, transparent and productive work environment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research company policies, procedures, guidance, etc., to understand and assess the applicability of such to issues that arise in employee/company interactions and provide consistent guidance and interpretation of the policies.
- Collaborate and consult closely with the aligned Human Capital Consultant (HCC), Employment Attorneys, Representatives of Compliance & Ethics, etc., to review issues across all business units of the Company.
- Partner with business leaders, ER Specialists, and People & Places teams to review/resolve issues across all business units of the company.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends, patterns, and themes from case management data to determine gaps and/or to address areas requiring attention, to inform and impact decisioning with clients.
- Participate in training to business unit clients, People & Places, and other stakeholders related to employee relations and People & Places compliance issues.
- Provide back up support to the administration of HR processes, procedures and programs as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- At least 4 years of HR-related experience
- HR training and experience, particularly in situations involving interpersonal conflict and dispute resolution
- Knowledge of and practical experience with employee relations issues (including understanding of employment law and policy interpretation).
- Independently perform analysis of relevant workforce metrics, uncover and interpret trends in data, and produce recommendations
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to appropriately tailor messaging depending on audience.
- Proven track record of working independently to achieve key results, while keeping management and colleagues abreast of critical issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of management.
- Experience in training and case management tools preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57329