Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
Masters or Other Advanced Degree
rea of Study Required (if any)Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Computer Science or Engineering
Certifications Required (if any)
Certifications Preferred(if any)
6 to 8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in Public Cloud Architectures, Cloud brokering solutions or Cloud Management Solutions for Public Cloud
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation, Infrastructure capacity monitoring and automated scaling solutions
- +2 years Docker and +1 year orchestration (Kubernetes) administration and troubleshooting
- +2 years AWS experience
- +3 years working in Enterprise DevOps model - Automation of application code deployment (Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus etc)
- Linux Expert level and experience in Scripting Python, Perl, Bash
- Experience with automation/management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack)
- A minimum of 5 years with assessing architecture quality and resiliency viz. scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57300