Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Value mortgage-related investments including securities and loans within the Company’s portfolio and consolidated trusts. Maintain knowledge of current market environment through independent research and communication with trading desks to ensure pricing of these investments is consistent with current market conditions. Provide analysis and explanation of general market and pricing trends to various stakeholders throughout the Company. Develop valuation methodologies for new types of instruments and maintain auditable documentation to support the valuation process.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create, design, and enhance cash flow models, pricing methodologies and valuation techniques to support Fannie Mae's fixed-income portfolios and new business initiatives.
- Discuss markets and fixed income concepts and trends with internal and external market participants, including Trade Desk, Risk Groups, and Third-party participants.
- Execute daily fair-value pricing for the Company’s loans, securities, debt, and derivative portfolio for use by the Trade Desks, Risk Management, and Financial Reporting.
- Research market activity and risk factors that could affect the pricing of the portfolios.
- Use fixed income analytics to develop and implement new pricing methodologies and strategies to ensure pricing is consistent with current market environment and reduce operational risk.
- Lead periodic market analysis involving the firm’s portfolio for various groups within the company.
- Manage internal team projects and bring value to our external customers.
- Provide market and analytical guidance and training to less experienced staff in unit.
- This position has significant responsibilities to work as part of the Capital Markets Pricing and Valuation team, wherein each member must exercise discretion and judgment with respect to all aspects of valuation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required; Masters in Economics, Finance, or STEM related area a plus
- MBA or advanced degree desirable
- CFA, CPA, FRM, or CTP designation desirable
- 4+ years of related experience required; 5+ years of fixed income market experience from a trading, portfolio management, securities valuation, or research background desirable
- Strong knowledge of MBS, CMOs, REMICS, derivative and rate markets
- Deep understanding of fixed income analytics (DCFs, OAS, Duration/Convexity, spreads/discount margins, etc.), and valuations
- Must be able to explain complex financial concepts with internal and external participants
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Bloomberg, Intex or other valuation tools a plus
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills required
- Experience with SQL, Visual Basic a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57244