Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Internal Auditor - Specialty works under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager - Specialty or Director - Specialty and assist with planning, executing and reporting audits of complex functionalities and output of various information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems, financial and statistical models, or risk management activities for compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Develop and demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. Work assignments are completed with supervision from more senior team members. Work is moderate in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to resolve routine issues, as necessary
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Apply specialized technical knowledge and expertise to perform reviews relating to the full life cycle of models, information technology applications, or risk management/analysis used across the company.
- Document details of planning and walk-through meetings. Assist in identifying controls to mitigate potential risk factors within assigned process/areas. Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans. Develop, document and execute audit test steps in partnership with more senior team members.
- Document and maintain sufficient supporting information (such as flowcharts of end-to-end business processes) and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with work paper standards. Identify and discuss audit findings with audit team and document exceptions. Assist with drafting audit reports and key deliverables (e.g., ICIs).
- Collaborate and share knowledge with audit teams across the Internal Audit organization, as appropriate. Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Required
MS and/or MBA Preferred
Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Math Specialization
- 1 to 3 years of related experience
- CFA, FRM/PRM, CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA, CISM, CISSP preferred
- Ability to understand scenarios and requirements within business processes for building analytics, develop scripts to generate desired output, validate results with audit customers, document results, maintain a repository of analytics, and schedule the automated execution of certain analytics for the purpose of continuous auditing / monitoring.
- Must demonstrate the ability to profile data using data analytic software and provide audit teams with insight into trends, anomalies, and unusual transactions that can be evidence of control gaps, data quality issues, lack of adequate monitoring, fraud, or process improvement opportunities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully develop comprehensive analytic solutions through one or more of the following languages/tools (SQL, SAS, R, Python, Alteryx, ACL, Tableau, etc.)
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57240