Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study business processes in client or host unit and how they are automated. Examine business processes in unit to determine how they could be translated into requirements for IT applications.
- Assist staff in unit with use of application that automates or executes their business processes.
- Develop data extractions or develop reports from requests or requirements stated by clients. Use database, report writer, data mart, or specialized applications to generate reports or analyses.
- May support application(s) in production. Note interruptions or bugs in operation and perform problem solving exercise to determine problem and ensure continued use of the application.
- Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
- Participate in project meetings to plan rewrite of addition to application in production or being revised for release into production.
- Provide assistance in maintaining compliance with password resets, access reviews, remediation of Operational Incidents and MSIs.
- Triage and resolve Production incidents and user requests not resolved by L1 or L1.5 support teams or those directly assigned to the L2 team. Identify and document known issues and work with L1 / L1.5 to address reoccurrence and identified workaround activity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have previous production support experience; ideally in 24x7 rotation.
- Ability to lead technical discussions between a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with communicating with senior management in a complete, clear, and concise way.
- Ability to provide level L2 support for office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Has experience with incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Experience in supporting various phases of SDLC (Waterfall or Agile)
- Can demonstrate knowledge of ITIL and Service Management
- Working knowledge of the following: Remedy, ServiceNow or other ticketing system, SAS, UNIX command line and UNIX scripting, Window O/S, Autosys job management for scheduling, monitoring and reporting, Oracle/sybase scripting, Middleware technologies such as Weblogic, JBOSS, Apache Global Load Balancers, Tibco/ESB
- Preferred knowledge or experience in the following: Informatica/MDM, Cloud Support, Abinitio/ETL, Reporting Tools (Business Objects, Excel, Tableau), Gemfire, SFTP/Connect Direct, XML Triage, Netcool, ITIL Foundation or intermediate certifications, Agile tools (KANBAN and SCRUM), Hadoop framework
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57227