Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Credit Risk Manager will lead a team of collateral policy analysts within Single Family Collateral Policy and Strategy. Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Use Lean management principles to lead a team of collateral policy analysts
- Support the Director of Collateral Policy in developing new Selling Guide policy, especially in areas of technology innovation and affordable housing
- Develop and present educational materials, policy explanations, and other technical information for internal and external audiences
- Direct research into alternative policies, including Freddie Mac, HUD, VA, OCC, other federal and state regulators, typical primary market lending, and Appraisal Management (AMC) requirements
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable
- Work with unit staff who assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software to ensure conformity to corporate standards
- Take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions
- Lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within business unit or with other corporate departments
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert in appraisal policy, especially USPAP and the Fannie Mae Selling Guide
- Knowledgeable in primary market mortgage operations
- Strong technical writing skills
- Familiar with MS Office and Atlassian Suite (Confluence)
- Comfortable with business math, statistics, spreadsheets, and presentation graphics
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57217