Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Technical Delivery Manager-Sales Engineer (TDM) serves as the key customer support resource for customer-facing technology and applications. This position helps represent the voice of the customer through new product and service development. TDMs help bridge the gap between business needs, technology and policy and must have strong teaming, strategic thinking and multi-tasking skills. This role must have the right balance of tactical vs. strategic thinking to properly support their respective customers.
The Technical Delivery Manager-Sales Engineer (TDM) position handles multiple tasks and priorities and operates with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties in order to identify and discover new business opportunities and needs. The TDM focuses on ensuring their customers fully leverage both Fannie Mae and various third party software providers in an effort to reduce customer costs. The role manages all technology solutions and the customer's ability to effectively conduct business with the company across all lender business channels throughout mortgage operations from origination through servicing utilizing a high degree of business acumen, business process knowledge, technology-related expertise and advanced business consulting knowledge. This role conducts in depth analysis on market and customer data and leverages the analysis to create comprehensive business solutions utilizing Fannie Mae’s suite of digital product solutions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inform customers of new technology, technology enhancements and release management plans.
- Enable and support customers with daily business transactions and assist with eliminating road blocks and barriers that may negatively impact customer’s ability to do business with Fannie Mae.
- Act as expert on customer’s business processes and key technology platforms/applications.
- Assist with customer solutions and communicate process implications from the customer’s standpoint.
- Interpret policies for customers to help support business and technology needs.
- Consult on customer’s processes to ensure ease of doing business with Fannie Mae and help support customer’s business strategies.
- Support production incident communications.
- Provide technology services for suite of customer-facing applications from Underwriting through Credit Loss Management. Primary focus is underwriting through loan delivery.
- Provide customer solution development support and contribute customer insights for product development.
- Requires good understanding of key technologies in both the industry and customer’s shop. Ability to make technology and digital product recommendations to both the customer and Fannie Mae technology teams on how to develop, improve and implement new technologies.
- Provide Fannie Mae technology and product teams with insights into “what is working” and how best to implement solutions to the customer.
- Work with Integration Team to troubleshoot lender technology issues and conduct business root-cause analysis.
- Support technology pilots, implementation, and execution, and serve as technology POC for pilots.
- Work closely with internal product teams to understand new functionality that can improve the overall customer experience.
Sales and Business Development
- Support competitive analyses and market strategy. Customize adoption strategy to the customer.
- Identify new business opportunities, taking into consideration customer’s unique business models.
- Increase customer/market penetration and overall technology use. Focus on digital product adoption.
- Execute go-to-market strategy on all front-end technology roll out activities.
- Champion new digital products and new corporate offerings with customer.
Cross-Business Internal Support
- Serve as internal POC to TDM colleagues for suite of customer-facing application through understanding customer technology suite and solution architecture.
- Serve as mentor to other TDM and Customer Delivery Teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master Degree in Business or Information Systems preferred
- 4+ years of related experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience as a Technology Sales Engineer, ability to understand customer’s manufacturing processes and can lead the adoption of Fannie Mae mortgage tools with our customers.
- Strong understanding of current technologies in the industry. Although this position does not require an individual to write code, the successful candidate must understand contemporary technologies and be able to articulate the benefits of these technologies to customers (i.e. API’s, SOAP, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence CIO and CTO agendas.
- Ability to understand dependencies of other customer technology providers and can engineer solutions through third party software providers.
- Mortgage industry background, business acumen and related origination technologies strongly preferred.
- Relationship Management - proactive communication (informing, listening, written).
- Basic knowledge of Fannie Mae customer facing technology applications such as Desktop Underwriter (DU), is a plus but not mandatory.
- If not based in Washington, DC, this role requires 25% travel to our DC office as well as occasional travel to client sites as needed.
- Troubleshooting and business root-cause analysis experience.
- Solution implementation/Product management.
- Facilitating and training.
- Experience developing business and/or systems requirements, supporting technology pilots, and helping execute product launches.
- Extensive sales and customer relationship management experience, particularly in the technology product support space.
- Release management and technology solution delivery experience with full Fannie Mae product suite knowledge.
- Executive presentation development, delivery, and executive communications.
- Familiarity with various customer relationship and project management tools including MS Project.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57213