Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Analyst I will work in Fannie Mae's Capital Markets division. This position will serve in a support role and assist in daily capital markets activities of inputting trades, creating reports and/or analyzing data.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Track market activities; provide daily pricing and transactional support to the team which may include supervised execution of trades.
- Develop understanding of internal valuation and risk models and use these tools to assist with analysis.
- Build proficiency with market data sources (Bloomberg, Yield book, etc).
- Participate in team discussions, represent the desk in internal discussions with key stakeholders as needed and prepare management reports.
- Develop and build strong relationships with internal customers through regular dialogue.
- Contribute to the process of model and technology improvement across various analytic and database tools. Participate in testing system enhancements.
- Update desk procedures and look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 1+ years of related experience in mortgage related financial services and/or the mortgage insurance market
• Understanding of financial tools and concepts is necessary.
• Good analytic skills - ability to utilize, understand, and interpret financial analyses; and perform basic spreadsheet analyses. Intermediate skills with Excel, Access, Tableau, etc. required. Advanced skills a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - may be responsible for providing updates, both written and verbal, to and for senior leadership
• Demonstrates good project management skills and ability to prioritize
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57187