Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Primarily responsible for day-to-day execution of development on significant products and research into areas important to the business lines that their group supports. Typically interfaces with business managers or associates to develop a robust understanding of existing or future business processes and then incorporates that information into existing or new products. The work products will generally be in the form of complicated analysis or information delivery vehicles which are intended to inform or be integrated into business processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interfaces effectively and collaboratively with business customers and other areas of the division to provide solutions for business problems.
- Is considered an expert in their direct area of expertise and familiar with a variety of technical matters.
- Engages in day to day development of highly technical product.
- Often will be involved as a contributor to creative design, technical implementation, and user interfaces for team-developed products, leveraging the capabilities of other support teams as needed.
- Contributes heavily to data product development as the primary developer. They are also expected to be users of data products developed by themselves or other team members.
- Primary vetters of work completed by Quantitative Analysts Is.
- Responsible for compliance with all levels of governance and best practices in implementation and automation.
- Is proficient in at least three of the following items: working with data both institutional and outside of the company, building intuitive and meaningful reporting or analytic explorative items for personal or business consumption, being technically capable of full development cycle including continued automation and quality control best practices, and assisting business users with understanding of final product.
- Contributes heavily toward the shared team research agenda as builders and context providers to users.
- Meets often with business partners to ensure business concerns are being adequately addressed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- 2 -3 years of fraud detection experience, preferably within the mortgage industry
- Advanced familiarity of statistical processing tools, specifically SAS; familiarity with Python, and/or R.
- Visualization tool experience with either R Shiny or Tableau
- Knowledge of statistical techniques for outlier or event identification and demonstrated ability to implement these methods.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technically sophisticated tools to non-technical audiences (e.g., regulators or reviewers).
- Familiarity with research best practices around documentation for technical products (e.g., white papers).
- Comfort with translating sophisticated business policy documents into actionable analytic rules.
- Advanced degree preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57146