Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Perform lender-level oversight on all aspects of loan quality and compliance with related requirements per the Selling Guide. Provide consultation on best practices in loan manufacturing and delivery. Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products the company finances or underwrites. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform analyses on key performance indicators of loan quality for targeted lenders deliveries to Fannie Mae using internal reports of aggregated data as well as reports provided by lenders.
- Share analyses with lenders and collaborate on root causes in areas where manufacturing and loan delivery improvements are needed. Provide recommendations on best practices
- Provide consultation on effective use of Fannie Mae’s technology applications related to loan quality and the resolution of defective loans.
- Perform in-depth reviews of lender quality control plans and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements outlined in the Selling Guide.
- Assist in the remediation of audit findings on QC-related issues as necessary.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research risks and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize risks more effectively.
- Advise staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- 5+ years experience as a QC Manager, preferred
- Prior experience in underwriting/operations management; 10 years related experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Control guidelines and requirements per the Selling Guide
- Highly analytical
- Experience in public speaking and in communicating at the executive level
- Excellent skills in software products, notably PowerPoint and Excel
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57121