Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage incidents to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using the standard Fannie Mae incident management processes. Recommend and implement improved processes/policies/procedures, review/recommend/implement effective IT service management tools, and support various efforts related to operational improvements. Manage efforts to maintain application in production, including troubleshooting stoppages, repairing bugs, documenting application performance, and coordinating with technology infrastructure management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage production incidents to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using the standard Fannie Mae incident management processes and inform management at all levels of status, impact and resolution actions.
- Effectively lead and guide incident triage calls from a technical perspective analyzing different components of the infrastructure and application environments. Influence other technical teams on the calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively. Lead required technical follow-up calls for high profile incidents.
- Review and revise incident management processes, policies and escalation procedures on a regular basis to drive efficiencies and effectiveness in responding to issues. Review, recommend and implement tools to achieve effective incident management and increase efficiencies in the command center.
- Work with different applications and infrastructure teams on root cause analysis for incidents and create an action plan for resolution.
- Ensure appropriate functional and management escalation takes place as per the standards and procedures.
- Follow up on items that could potentially negatively impact production operations, assist with postmortem related activities and support various efforts related to operational improvements.
- Based on recommendations from management, implement new and improved processes, change processes, perform new tasks, create reports and address ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 10+ years of related experience
- Advanced experience working with different IT Infrastructure components such as: Unix/ Linux Servers, Wintel Servers, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache, web logic, LDAP, Oracle/MS SQL databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email systems, Enterprise monitoring and access management solutions for single sign on. Subject matter expertise is not required, but experience with at least eight of the above is preferred.
- 6+ years of working experience with applications in a production support. environment using above technologies, SOA, Java etc.
- 6+ years of experience as an Incident manager handling incidents, changes and problems in a 24/7 production environment.
- Ability to analyze different components of the infrastructure and application environments during Incident triage calls.
- Aptitude to influence other technical teams on the incident calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively.
- Experience and confidence working with all levels of management
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57120