Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff design and implement business solutions that enable key business decisions through timely, efficient, governed and centralized access to key data sources. Collaborate with division and IT leaders to develop systems, implement reporting tools, and lead data-related initiatives that address key business imperatives.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partner closely with division, Enterprise Data and IT leaders to design, build, and maintain data repositories, single source access layers, and reporting tools that enable timely, efficient, governed and centralized access to data
- Identify key data sources and utilize data-driven insights about important departmental and business unit metrics to improve business decisions
- Collaborate with related IT organizations to achieve near-term project objectives, ensure solutions are extensible for long-term application, and align data-related initiatives and activities with key business imperatives
- Lead the implementation of new enterprise systems based on input from division leadership to enable the transformation objectives of standardization, scalability and compliance.
- Develop effective processes to address data governance, data quality, data lineage and protection issues and act as a point of escalation for division process owners; ensure timely remediation of issues
- Assess and design overall division data architecture and governance framework to align with FHFA and Federal Reserve regulatory guidance and expectations
- Develop standards, policies, and procedures regarding the creation and consumption of data to drive standardization, consistency, availability of information, appropriate security, and trusted information to satisfy business requirements
- Create repeatable, automated and process-oriented data designs and patterns, architecture and strategies
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts. Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training. Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding of Finance Common Data Elements and Use Cases
- Deep Knowledge of process delivery, governance, and controls.
- Understanding of data migration tools
- Proven ability to lead a team while driving deliverables while working independently amongst diverse stakeholders
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57117