Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of one or more projects within a business unit. Participate in strategic planning, determining issues, and assessing future needs to identify projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. Monitor daily operations and provide direction to subordinate staff. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities to advance the work of one or more projects. Plan, document, review, and manage subordinate performance.
- Develop implementation plans. Allocate and coordinate resources. Align with other projects. Develop methods for monitoring project progress. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results.
- Develop, monitor, and review project budgets. Verify expenditures vs. actual. Explain variances.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks to include access requests, space management, equipment procurement and tracking, and contractor requisitions and work orders.
- Develop, implement, and share best practices and tools in areas such as technology development, project management, risk management, change management, document retention and management, and post-implementation review.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Adhere to corporate and business unit standards and procedures. Obtain required approvals.
- Provide technology support and input. Support opportunities for technology improvements. Make recommendations for enhancements.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Identify and resolve project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts. Ensure positive outcomes.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
Job Function Descriptor: Work is generally moderate to high scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to resolve routine to non-standard issues, as necessary. Work may be done independently or under limited supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 7+ years of related experience in Hospitality, Events and Food Service
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have experience communicating with executives and collaborating cross functionally with different Business Units.
- Fundamental and strategic understanding of workplace, hospitality, meeting and hoteling services.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Customer focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Project management experience
- Meeting planner systems, knowledgeable – SocialTables, Cvent,
- Demonstrated experience with time management, prioritization, and creative problem solving for multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced office environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget and balancing expenses accurately and consistently on time.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57106