Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Credit Risk Manager joins the Customer Delivery Team, which is a cross-functional team that interfaces directly with a regional set of Fannie Mae customers. The Credit Risk Manager will create sustainable, trustworthy, and mutually beneficial relationships with customers’ risk organizations; understand their business and risk profile; and manage lender's risk profile and performance metrics. Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create sustainable, trustworthy, and mutually beneficial relationships with customers’ risk organizations; understand their business and risk profile; and manage lender's risk profile and performance metrics.
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated strong relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end mortgage process, in particular risk or underwriting expertise
- Experience in making credit decisions, risk monitoring, and/or portfolio management
- Ability to create sustainable, trustworthy, and mutually beneficial relationships with customers’ risk organizations
- Experience communicating with executives and external customers concerning complex policy and programs
- Knowledge of how macro and micro economic issues are impacting the lenders’ business and risk profile
- Ability to use data to analyze and manage lender’s risk profile and performance metrics, resulting in informed risk decisions
- Ability to proactively anticipate and evaluate customer needs, assess root causes to gaps and opportunities, apply business knowledge and analytical capabilities to develop practical solutions, while taking into account potential impact on the relationship
- Approximately 20% travel per month
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57103