Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Work with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to managing and monitoring customer (servicers or other partners) performance with the goal of safeguarding Fannie Mae assets and mitigating operations and financial risk. Provide value-added expertise to customers in implementing new servicing concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving for highly complex issues. May operate in a lead role within the team, including participating in training of new employees, and in setting, implementing and maintaining processes, procedures and overall servicing strategy.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage customers' performance to Fannie Mae expectations and requirements related to servicing customer portfolios, investor reporting, delivery accuracy, or other servicing activities. Support servicers in complying with Fannie Mae guidelines and servicing requirements including, but not limited to, established servicer performance benchmarks and the firm's servicing guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver Servicer Performance Review with servicer's senior management team.
- Participate in quarterly goal setting process, including delivery of the goals to the customer and active monitoring and communication of the results.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analyses and problem solving for customer problems and issues. Develop remediation plans and oversee customers' implementation of plans as well as best practices.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate customers' and Fannie Mae's internal processes. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs for Fannie Mae.
- Advise, coordinate, monitor and report on customers' implementation of new product/policy initiatives. Conduct on-site reviews and act as consultant in evaluation of customer staff capabilities to integrate Fannie Mae's work rules with the customer's operations.
- Coordinate internally with business areas in managing data and customers. Effectively communicate and collaborate with various levels of external and internal stakeholders. Build and maintain internal and/or external customer relationships via regular engagement. Provide customer training, when required.
- Assist and support stakeholders in resolving highly complex issues related to customer processes. Where applicable, manage exceptions and the remediation process. Recommend corrective action as needed. Resolve outstanding issues.
- Design, develop, monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals. Participate in process improvement initiatives focused on strengthening internal controls and providing operational efficiencies. Participate in strategic initiatives and programs to optimize the outcome of SDQ reduction for the servicers.
- Participate in the training of team members and provide ongoing professional support. May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity. Escalate deficiencies or identified risk to Fannie Mae management when established routes of remediation are insufficient (requires a thorough understanding of Fannie Mae policies and processes throughout the organization).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Customer centric focus
- Project Management knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae systems and processes (SURF, DIR, DARTS, SMDU, DAA, Siebel, HSSN, TRAX, Equator, Invoicing)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and self-driven environment
- Advanced verbal and written skills needed
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57098