Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Lead or consult on month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to track trends. May consolidate work done by other analysts into final tables or report.
- Develop/prepare/continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit, product line, client group or market segment. Report monthly actual performance against forecast and develop analysis for variances.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users within the company, including the data validation. Coordinate the development of data files, the validation in the acceptance phase, and the migration of the data requirements to the production.
- Play technical or project lead role on specific analytical project; provide guidance to less senior analysts; may provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objective.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A leader who will thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment, and the energy to take on a growing portfolio of responsibilities. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, examine detailed information, and being able to tailor messages to audiences using different tools.
- Detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills; ability to conduct analysis independently to address complex business problems / issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and challenge business contacts to interpret issues and properly apply finance and accounting principles in reporting and forecasting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide insights and/or explaining complex analysis to business partners and senior management; to work cross-functionally and to interact with colleagues and management at all levels.
- Prior experience in an FP&A environment strongly preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Req ID: 57078