Fannie Mae Careers
Product Development Manager-Financial Services III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to developing new products or improving existing products for an assigned marketing initiative or customer group. Provide expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead process of developing and defining business requirements for mortgage products. Partner with lenders and customers on new business strategies. Conduct research and analyses. Assess market needs and opportunities. Provide recommendations.
- Build the business justification for new initiatives. Operate in a lead capacity during product development. Define scope and track project management plans. Resolve issues. Manage timely and effective product delivery and deployment.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to appropriate compliance and controls related to product development.
- Test products. Ensure that products and product enhancements yield expected business results.
- Manage lender and vendor implementations.
- Educate customers. Oversee development of product documentation, FAQs, reference materials for internal and external audiences, and customer training.
- Design and develop marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products, product lines, or product areas.
- Provide ongoing marketing support to ensure competitiveness of existing products. Recommend enhancements.
- May perform complex market research projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity. Provide information to internal and/or external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Primary/secondary mortgage market experience; such as origination, loan operations, and loan shipping/delivery experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers and engage with audiences at all levels to drive adoption of new processes and related business frameworks.
- Ability to establish, track and execute on requests for customer engagements (research, pilot, and controlled rollouts) and support market readiness assessment needs pre-production.
- Ability to generate high-level project plans and produce status reports at the business unit level strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow and manage a governance process for pilots to satisfy internal audit requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for peers, business unit leadership, product owners and other internal stakeholders.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57071