Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The primary maintainer, ad hoc researcher, and tester for infrastructure or data product releases or improvements. Typically engaged with business team associates to flesh out deeper understanding of specific business processes in order to make improvements on existing analytic products. Under the guidance of other analysts, will often engaged in supervised report or metric development.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interfaces effectively and collaboratively with business customers and other areas of the analytics division to provide solutions for business problems.
- Engages in day to day development of technical products and research into problem remediation.
- May be involved as a contributor to creative design, technical implementation, and user interfaces for team-developed products.
- Contributes heavily to data product development as a researcher and vetter of business logic. They are also expected to be users of data products developed by themselves or other team members.
- Responsible for compliance with all levels of governance and best practices in implementation and automation.
- Reasonably proficient in at least one of the following items: working with data both institutional and outside of the company, building intuitive and meaningful reporting or analytic explorative items for personal or business consumption, being technically capable of full development cycle including continued automation and quality control best practices, and assisting business users with understanding of final product.
- Contributes toward the shared team research agenda as builders.
- Meets often with business partners to ensure business concerns are being adequately addressed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Economics, Business, Statistics, Finance is preferred
- Experienced with advanced quantitative techniques, such as regression, cash flow forecasting
- Experienced with applying statistical tools to solve a business problem
- Ability to express complex quantitative matters simply, clearly, and concisely
- Experience with advanced statistical software, such as SAS/R/Python/Unix/C++ etc, required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 57028