Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Technology (API)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Single-Family, Customer Engagement Technology Team is looking for a Director of Technology (API) in Plano, TX that will be accountable for all technical decisions, roadmaps, and deliverables that impact the users of API Gateway and Developer Portal. You will plan, directs and manage one or more major functions and/or programs within the technology organization to ensure its effective operation in line with goals and objectives. Provides leadership across cross-functional teams. Actively contributes to long-range strategy planning and develops and implements the policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and developing the overall technology strategy and goals. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead, manage, and oversee projects, initiatives, and daily operations related to: assessing business and technology processes and functional needs for the enterprise; designing and implementing the optimal mix of system components to support the functional needs; managing the system development/enhancement lifecycle ' from business and systems requirements analysis through development; testing, quality assurance, post-deployment support, managing a portfolio of internal controls around business processes, systems, and data
- Deliver enterprise API platform shared services that support all Lines of Business (e.g. Single-Family, Multi-Family, Finance, Corporate Functions, Digital Engineering and Analytics)
- Lead, and oversee the project management lifecycle from conception through completion that includes assessing business requirements, scoping and planning projects and initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting project status, managing deliverables, and assessing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within responsible area(s).
- Researches and selects vendors regarding the development of technical solutions, as needed, in conjunction with executive management.
- Reports to executive management on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget; approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams and report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
- Establish target state API platform roadmap and transition plan as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 10 or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex context
- Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology changes in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with both business and/or technology partners to influence certain business/technology outcome
- Clearly communicate and presents analysis and results and persuades others by supporting ideas with logical arguments/data
- Ability to coach and mentor software engineers, scrum masters, and development managers
- Experience in managing associates and setting goals, establishing team structure, and providing effective team communication
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology concepts to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists
- Experience in mortgage industry highly desirable
- Experience in design thinking highly desirable
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57020