Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Seeking Experienced People Manager with experience supporting critical, customer facing applications, maintain relationships with our internal business partners, and interacting with development team partners, while leading a team of high performing technical SME handling the day to day operations activities. Manage staff who provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Supporting applications may include answering technical questions, troubleshooting problems, and guiding users to gain productive use of software. Guide staff to extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. Manage efforts to maintain application in production, including troubleshooting stoppages, repairing bugs, documenting application performance, and coordinating with technology infrastructure management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of units whose applications are being supported, with management of technology infrastructure units, and with management/staff of development units to coordinate efforts to support applications in production.
- Monitor daily production of assigned applications and track issues requiring the unit's support or input from other units. Provide guidance or technical input to staff dealing with bugs, production issues, and the like.
- Assign staff to support efforts, development/upgrade/patch/installation, or other projects. May work on individual projects as well.
- Serve as technical resource on development, installation, upgrade, or other project being staffed by unit. Participate in project planning and coordinate with project manager or management of other units participating in project.
- Document and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have experience supporting critical customer facing application that is expected to be available to external customers 24/7 (with the exception of semi-monthly maintenance windows).
- Must have experience in interacting with development teams, as well as representing production positions and non-functional requirements with development team partners
- Must have experience maintaining relationships with business teams, external customers, and vendors who use or support the applications the manager is responsible for.
- Must have experience leading a large team of technical leads, analysist and contractors, who are accountable 24/7 support for enterprise critical or flagship applications.
- in managing teams creating operational documentation and Non-Functional Requirements
- Must have experience operating and managing teams in a DevOps environment, or have experience leading a team of System Reliability Engineers.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56975