Fannie Mae Careers
Director Product Development-Management
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Coordinate strategy execution and direct operations for a unit designing and/or developing products, improving existing products, and leading teams through the development life cycle for an assigned marketing initiative or customer group. May focus on software products or other products for the mortgage industry. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage projects from inception to product implementation. Partner with customers to understand business and customer requirements. Support development of research and analyses, assessment of market needs and opportunities, and final recommendations.
- Direct planning for all phases of product development to ensure timely, cost-effective, and efficient delivery. Manage relationships across multiple internal groups. Escalate significant matters.
- Manage adherence to the firm's compliance and controls related to product development.
- Lead development of marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products or product lines. May conduct on-site visits to ensure that internal and external customers understand products and/or product enhancements.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Deep experience and background in appraisal and/or valuations field required.
- Knowledge and understanding of new technologies available in the appraisal industry (e.g. geo-analytics, 3D scan, spatial analytics, etc.) is required.
- Robust experience in product and process change experimentation and ability to drive ideas from concept to test and learn to production implementation.
- Strong ability to think creatively in problem-solving and solutioning activities.
- Highly analytical and strong communication skills with a history of utilizing data to drive process change and/or articulate performance.
- Ability to lead a highly functional and analytically-minded team with strong leadership skills. Prior people management experience strongly preferred.
- Strength in building relationships with investors, lenders, mortgage insurance companies, and vendors with an ability to present complex information in a simple and digestible manner.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56963