Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with leading the development and implementation of the cloud security strategy (i.e., IaaS and Paas) by partnering closely with key stakeholders (engineering, architecture), infrastructure teams and line of business information security officers. Develops a deep understanding of cloud transformation strategic roadmaps and business imperatives. Consults with security and technology operations on monitoring and evaluation of tools and technology.
- Develops cloud security standards and requirements across lines of business in partnering with engineering, architecture, and product owners. Communicates cloud security objectives at all levels of the organization. Leads development of cloud security architectural principles and patterns to support business goals and objectives. Develop and implement operational best practices across the enterprise for all cloud service providers.
- Partners and collaborates with technology leadership throughout the enterprise to shape solutions and ensure requirements are clearly defined. Identify and design security capabilities to reduce security exposures within the cloud platforms. Participates in identification of game-changing technologies that will shape not only our business but the industry.
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- 5+ years’ experience reviewing project architectures and solutions.
- 6+ years’ experience leading application security architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams and business stakeholders.
- Ability to lead Security Architecture consultation with other parts of Information Security, Enterprise/Business/Data Architecture, IT and Business partners, and peers on proper security architecture and software development processes to ensure the applications developed and systems implemented are in line with security best practices and company policies and standards and are compliant with the required frameworks (ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP, NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
- Ability to develop repeatable application security architectures working with internal and external partners. Contribute to the development of architectural reference material to ensure that security practices are being implemented in a repeatable fashion.
- Ability to evaluate risk and protect applications against new and emerging threats.
- Ability to document and diagram technical systems and architectures.
- Experience in an environment using agile methodology.
- Demonstrated experience integrating security within the various cloud service models (e.g., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS). Able to identify the appropriate security solutions for various cloud implementations. Able to architect, implement, and document system security controls.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of major cloud platforms; AWS, Azure, SalesForce, ServiceNow, O365 etc.
- Good understanding/exposure to overall API-Management concepts & fundamentals. Experience in defining overall API architecture, API implementations, integration and deployment
- Ability to review system documentation for proposed projects (e.g., system requirements, detailed design/architecture, interface documents, etc.), identify security gaps and provide security recommendations to address those gaps, and complete risk profiles for cloud computing solutions.
- Ability to advise and approve of changes and architectures for assigned areas from an application security perspective.
- Ability to perform as a subject matter expert and contribute to the development of company security policy and procedures.
- Ability to lead efforts that document and present risks and security issues that could impact the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the business (both internally and externally).
- Previous industry experience with application security including static code review, automatic code scans, and security architecture review, penetration testing, and mitigating application level vulnerabilities.
- Strong knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, virtualization, authentication, cryptography. Must be fully conversant up and down the technology stack. Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure security architecture that includes security controls across the technology stack.
- Must have solid knowledge and understanding of securing all major operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of operating system, application, network, and database security architectures.
- Proficiency in AppSec and Web services security.
- Ability to facilitate communications to business stakeholders and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exceptional experience influencing collaborating and negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in highly matrixed organization.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicable security certifications desired; CISSP, CEH, GIAC, GSEC, or CSSLP or advanced degree in InfoSec.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56950