Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Assess, design, develop enterprise continuous integration/delivery framework enabling enterprise-wide adoption of DevOps. Work with the project team members and have the direct interaction with various client and vendor resources to maintain client application release and source code including all source code that is, or will be, implemented in a production environment; scripts that install, configure, or monitor any applications in production environments; and application configuration information.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Develop sound version control best practices-based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments.
- Skilled and experienced with incident management, change management, and problem management concepts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in at least one programming language, such as Ruby (preferred), Python, or Java.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle models and agile programming methodologies.
- Experience and understanding of versioning and general SCM (source control management) concepts: branching, merging, tagging, and labels.
- Ability to effectively work in a fluid environment with colleagues and internal partners
- Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support staff
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.
- Experience with Puppet (or a similar automated configuration management tool)
- Experience with, and/or good understanding of, VMware virtualization and automation technologies (e.g. vCenter, vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestration (vRO), etc.)
- DevOps background, including automation.
- Familiarity with artifact repository tools (git, Nexus, etc.), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell), and continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson),
- Experience with automated provisioning and DevOps concepts.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Experience working cross functionally across multiple teams.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56947