Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and
- architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration
- and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, Python etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Advanced proficiency in applications of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- 8+ years of experience of development using Java, JEE and Spring Framework.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Cloud (IAM, EC2, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3,
- LAMBDA, API Gateway, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, ElastiCache).
- 5+ years of Architecture, Design & Development of portal-based applications
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience in Angular 4+
- At least 4 years of experience with one or more application servers such as (Jboss, Weblogic, TCServer, etc)
- At least 4 years of experience with application integrations (SOAP/REST Web Services, Microservices, File/Data transfers, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of OAuth and Rest API to integrate middleware with Authentication and Authorization services
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
- Excellent problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively participate and contribute to design, planning and execution
- Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment and scripting (bash, shell and python)
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Continuous learner – proven skills development along the career path
- Prefer experience with ESB
- Experience with messaging layer is preferred
- Familiarity with principles of CICD, Blue/Green and DevOps practices & tools would be a plus
- 10+ years of software development related experiences
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56943