Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such processes as valuation of assets, projection of pricing or risk under varying economic scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard and some sophisticated econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends, and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Prepare periodic analyses or reports regarding operating results used by business unit management to make marketing, pricing, product management or risk management decisions over the short to mid term.
- Contribute to the update and maintenance of loan default, prepayment and severity models for the update of business unit products in use in client sites for loan application, credit review, underwriting, and the like.
- Perform economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when necessary, for review by business unit management, corporate risk management, or senior management in order to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- May collaborate with the model development team to develop, in a test or laboratory environment, improvements to analytical models used in production mode.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
-Strong technical ability with statistical software packages such as R, SAS, SQL, Python or similar language.
-Expertise in data visualization, including experience with platforms such as R Shiny and Tableau.
-Experience with econometric modeling and statistical analysis.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain results to a broad audience.
-Knowledge of lender landscape and housing/mortgage industry is preferred.
-Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct analysis independently to address complex economic or business problems.
-Master’s degree in economics or related field strongly preferred.
-Experience with large datasets, APIs and UNIX is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56910