Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Operations Analyst ensures accurate and timely execution of our business transactions by clearly understanding our customers' needs and end-to-end business processes. Manages, executes, monitors, and validates production transactions/activities to ensure accuracy and adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. The analyst owns resolution of customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Works under limited supervision, prioritizing assignments and workloads to meet production and project deliverables. Manages a portfolio of medium to high complexity, utilizing sound logic for decision making and problem resolution.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor, analyze and accurately execute medium to high complexity transactions to support business operations
- Own and develop relationship with internal partners and external customers and vendors, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration and business results
- Work across business units to improve monitoring, discover issues, mitigate risk and deliver better value to the customer
- Adhere to internal controls and provide support for audit and regulatory reviews. Identify, appropriately escalate, and evaluate solutions for operating gaps or other potential adverse conditions that could pose risk to the control environment.
- Identify and resolve customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Analyze data, research issues, work through exceptions, and resolve discrepancies under limited guidance of leadership (as required).
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations for fixes and enhancements
- Provide subject matter expertise on projects and key strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; must have experience identifying, researching, and resolving issues involving data, processes, and systems
- Excellent written and verbal skills across all levels in the organization; must have experience (written and verbal) communicating with executives/leadership and collaborating cross functionally with internal teams and different Business Units
- Ability to work independently and drive issues to resolution
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Operations and project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of the mortgage-backed securities value stream is desirable
- Prefer experience using tools such as Access, Excel, SQL
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56905