Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in some or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proficient in the fundamentals of unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Awareness of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Ability to learn and apply behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new or revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Understand and utilize Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- May respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in the following: Java/J2EE or Python, AWS DevOps experience (AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodePipeline, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, AWS CLI/Yaml/CloudFormation, Serverless Deployment)
- Knowledge of AWS development on Lambda, S3, SNS
- Experience with application integrations (SOAP/REST Web Services, ESB, JMS, File/Data transfers, etc.)
- Experience building Machine learning models using AWS Sagemaker/Apache Spark ML/Python/Tensorflow
- Familiarity with GIT repositories (Bit Bucket) and Agile Methodology/SCRUM/Kanban
- Ability to write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Good problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal skills along with intellectual curiosity, self-starter, and embraces continuous learning and improvement
- Strong Preference:
- 1-2 years’ experience with Angular 4/5/6 development, Java Script, Drupal /CMS
- 1-2 years’ experience to build Machine Learning models using AWS Sagemaker/Apache Spark ML/Python/Tensorflow
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56886