Fannie Mae Careers
Real Estate Appraiser II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate under limited supervision in managing the property valuation process for assigned properties by obtaining appraisals and determining accurate real estate property valuations. Prepare and review accurate, current, and accessible reports. Perform special projects requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review appraisal reports for accuracy. Reconcile any discrepancies between the appraisal and the Broker Price Opinions (BPO). Designate property values
- Identify inaccuracies in valuation products.
- Review and determine effect of repairs, if any, on property values. Review photos for potential insurance issues to identify claimable insurance losses.
- Conduct research and analysis on Fannie Mae collateral utilizing internal/external property valuation tools, resources and expertise.
- Ensure that best values are obtained for assigned properties. Monitor adherence to corporate policies and procedures, including the firm's valuation guidelines and other valuation tools.
- Gather market trends for designated territories.
- May coordinate with internal appraisal analysts.
- May perform complex projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Active state appraisal license or certification
- Experience utilizing organizational skills, effective collaboration across multiple functions, ability to work under time constraints, effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and a high degree of initiative.
- Effective analytical skills and ability to analyze sales and market trends
- Ability to review appraisal reports for accuracy. Reconcile any discrepancies between the appraisal, Broker Price Opinions, and alternative valuation products and determine accurate property valuations.
- Review and determine effect of repairs, if any, on property values.
- Advanced experience with appraisal review or valuation of single family, 2-4 family, condominium, cooperative, land trusts, leasehold, factory-built properties
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and research skills, ability to conceptualize issues and develop complex processes, procedures or solutions
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, including written, and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work under time constraints, good interpersonal skills, high degree of initiative
- Possessing intellectual flexibility. Demonstrated ability to integrate new information and draw conclusions from it.
- Receptiveness - particularly to change. Able to respond with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to achieve targets and objectives is a key competency.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56868