Fannie Mae Careers
Dev Ops Engineer III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Assess, design, develop enterprise continuous integration/delivery framework enabling enterprise-wide adoption of DevOps. Work with the project team members and have the direct interaction with various client and vendor resources to maintain client application release and source code including all source code that is, or will be, implemented in a production environment; scripts that install, configure, or monitor any applications in production environments; and application configuration information.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Automate the build and deployment of an n-tier enterprise system application with multiple underlying technologies (Java, Oracle, informatica, TIBCO, Salesforce) and technology frameworks in an interop environment.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Ability to assist in developing best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Gradle, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (CloudBees Jenkins)
- Extensive experience with Urban Code Deploy and Urban Code Release.
- Strong scripting and automation using shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.
- Strong automation skills using systems configuration management tools such as Puppet, Docker, etc.
- Ability to develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Ability automate solutions for AWS cloud
- Expert SQL skills in Oracle
- Extensive hands on experience in application monitoring and tuning
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56867