Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineering Manager - Production Support
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Software Engineering Manager will play a critical role by leading Production Support for our Loan Accounting Platform Technology team. You will oversee a highly motivated team of Software Engineers and will be responsible for ensuring that the production systems continue to run in a timely and effective manner. In addition to ensuring all aspects of product is well managed, you’ll play a lead role in building strong stakeholder partnership across multiple businesses groups.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with Product Managers to develop a product roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, engage and interact regularly
- Work closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Guide teams during execution, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies. Help team to improve its Agile maturity.
- Motivate the teams to leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Experienced Software Engineering Manager with emphasis on Production Support
· Software Engineering experience in all or some of the following technologies: Java, Spring Batch, Python, Informatica ETL, Oracle PL/SQL, Unix/Linux
· Experience in working as a Software Engineering Manager with proven ability to collaborate and work with stakeholders across multiple groups
· Experience leading a production support team responsible for all production aspects of an application such as running production processes, change impact assessments, addressing audit requests, etc.
· Ability to lead multiple teams in an Agile environment
· Strong presentation skills
· Experience working with Public or Private cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Redshift, etc.)
· Experience with Microservices Architecture (design and implementation)
· Mortgage Industry experience
· Loan Accounting experience
· Experience managing a large team of software engineers (15-20)
· Experience with and passion for leading Innovation Initatives and Pilots – TDD, CI/CD, Python, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56852