Fannie Mae Careers
Agile Coach I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Promotes the Agile mindset and acts as an effective change agent for Agile teams to improve the effectiveness of development and business efforts by facilitating improved Agile adoption and maturity across the enterprise. Works with teams to help transform an entire portfolio by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to solve organizational and cultural impediments. Develops strategies to enable the Agile transformation of a portfolio while implementing best practices across a division.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Mentors Managers and Development Leads in managing efforts consistent with the Agile Manifesto. Promotes and challenges others to foster teamwork and use disciplined Agile approaches for developing quality software.
- Coaches 2-4 teams simultaneously by directly observing team activities, guides them through Agile discovery and learning, provides general and role-based training, and helps raise and solve impediments.
- Coaches/Facilitates business leads in lean thinking and development of Minimal Viable Products (MVP); Coaches Release Train Engineers, Product Management, Epic Owners at the program level, and coaches Scrum Masters and other team leads on their respective functions within an Agile team.
- Facilitates program retrospectives (teams and management).
- Acts as an enterprise thought leader; develops creative ways to embed Agile ceremonies, practices and values across development teams.
- Raises recurring/widely observed issues and bottlenecks to stakeholders; develops and implements comprehensive solutions.
- Coaches division through change, helping identify and attack organizational impediments which limit team productivity and quality, and develops strategy for Agile tooling.
- Develops Agile guidance, training materials, and content; translates industry best practices into actionable recommendations.
- Develops and monitors metrics to track progress of Agile adoption and maturity to aid in accelerating overall Agile transformation efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- 6+ years in Agile software development
- 5+ years as Agile Coach and/or Scrum Master. Knowledge of SAFe, Kanban, & other industry best practices
- Experience with tools such as Rally, Jira, & LeanKit
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to varying audiences
- Experience mentoring team members towards expert levels (eg. Directors, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Tech Lead)
- Act as senior agile subject matter expert providing coaching and consultation for leadership and teams
- Engage with agile community via participation in Communities of Practice, Leadership Transformation Teams and mentorship
- Identify maturity gaps across the division and inform engagement backlog
- Create and deliver training and workshops leveraging train-the-trainer model
- Shape agile/DevOps maturity model
- Provide thought leadership and implement best practices across software development teams
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56788