Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl and Java
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Cloud (IAM, EC2, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, ACM, RDS, S3, LAMBDA, API Gateway, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, ElastiCache).
- 5+ years of Architecture, Design & Development of portal based applications
- 5 + years of software development using JAVA, including Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience in Angular 4+
- Full stack experience including integrating databases, writing webservices, SQL
- Extensive knowledge of SAML, OAuth and Rest API to integrate middleware with Authentication and Authorization services
- Knowledge of Containerization of Middleware Platforms, Docker and hands-on experience on Kubernetes based Cloud Platforms (Openshift, Docker EE and IBM Cloud
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
- Excellent problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively participate and contribute to design, planning and execution
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Continuous learner – proven skills development along the career path
Req ID: 56766