Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineering Manager - Capital Markets Technology
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Lead a team of professionals who work within project teams using modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Guide project's roadmap, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience with Software Development full-lifecycle experience, in mission critical and complex strategic initiatives.
- Experience managing multiple Agile Scrum teams to support initiative projects and business operations.
- Experience with Java, Angular UI, Gemfire or noSQL software development.
- Experience with API event driven architecture, container orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) and knowledge of micro-service architectures.
- Experience with AWS public cloud services (EC2, S3, Lambda, ElastiCache, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.).
- Strong understanding of middleware technologies including Java, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic, GemFire, Autosys and/or related technologies.
- Strong customer service mindset and relationship building skills.
- Strong people management skills and ability to coach and mentor staff.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56761