Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer (Python/AWS)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Finance Technology division in Herndon, VA is actively looking to hire a Software Engineer to join their team. You’ll be responsible for the design/development of high-profile applications and participate in strategic initiatives like our AWS Transformation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 2+ years of development experience with Python and/or Java
· Familiarity building and deploying products using AWS Native Service - S3, EC2, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, Aurora, etc.
· Ability to write well designed, testable and efficient code
· Experience prototyping technology solutions in a modern stack
· Good communication and collaboration skills
· Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, is a self-starter, embraces continuous learning and improvement
Nice to have (Any combination of below experience is a plus):
- Experience with building SPA’s using Angular, React.js, or similar framework
- Experience in developing APIs using Spring Boot framework, ideally with Docker container or OpenShift Cloud Platform (OCP)
- Understanding and passion for Data Engineering including ETL development
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56760