Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis and forecasting on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, and structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and capital requirements and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with business unit, product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
- Perform capital forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Propose new risk indicators for senior staff/management approval and implementation. Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators,
- Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Background in Finance and/or Economics
- Experience in mortgage finance and regulatory capital preferred
- Strong analytical skills; ability to communicate data trends into an insightful story
- Experience utilizing SAS, SQL and Python strongly preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56745