Fannie Mae Careers
Loan Servicing Specialist II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operating under limited supervision, manage and monitor customer (lenders, servicers, and other partners) performance with the goal of safeguarding the firm assets and mitigating operations and financial risk. Prepare and review complex reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide assistance to customers regarding the firm guidelines and servicing and selling requirements in areas such as special loans, pricing, loan eligibility validation, loan level price adjustments, shipping and delivery, default, cash management, and investor reporting. Ensure that disclosures are accurate.
- Monitor incoming calls from customers. Respond to customer inquiries. Act as liaison between external customers and internal business partners, when necessary.
- Manage complex reporting, re-pricing, remitting, and reconciling activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and make appropriate changes. Prepare and confirm calculations.
- Monitor and update databases to ensure accuracy of acquired information.
- Identify causes of customer problems and issues. Provide solutions.
- Build and improve internal and external customer relationships. Anticipate needs. Conduct on-site visits as needed. Provide training when necessary.
- Collect and analyze data regarding customer performance.
- Review processes and procedures for new and existing initiatives. Maintain and/or update current processes, policies, and procedures.
- Review systems design to enhance control and simplify operations. Support technology group by testing system enhancements prior to release.
- May perform complex projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Capable of creating solutions to resolve high profile and/or sensitive consumer inquiry complaints or disputes.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of mortgage servicing.
- Capable of communicating effectively with senior leadership with a strong executive presence.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionality and build strong relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to process work timely and adequately, with a strong attention to detail.
- Capable of executing on goals with limited management oversight.
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting trends using data and analytics.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56733