Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Join Enterprise Risk Management Technology team to deliver next generation of high-performance computing capabilities on AWS. Utilize latest AWS technologies such as Lambda, Batch, DynamoDB and S3 to provide analytics for trading and portfolio management businesses, risk management, and financial reporting. Lead and provide guidance to the development teams and help transform existing capabilities to target state by delivering state of the art solutions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide optimal solutions and help improve performance of our tech stack and environment on the AWS cloud.
- Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
- Serve as Technical Lead engineer for an Agile team and actively participate in Agile development methodologies and processes.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to support calls and troubleshoot critical issues for applications in production.
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis, application of analysis/design engineering functions, application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc., advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- AWS certification(s) preferred
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6+ years of Java, Spring core, Spring Boot
- Hands on experience in building and deploying applications in AWS
- Hands on experience with building RESTful Web Services
- Hands on experience with Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss etc.,
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Hands on experience in AWS technologies like EC2, S3, EB, Lambda, BATCH, Code Commit, Code Pipeline
- Hands on experience with Container Technologies like Docker
- Node JS, Angular 2
- Agile / Scrum (SAFe preferred)
- Unix Scripting
- Knowledge of Financial Products, Risk Management, Portfolio Management is preferred but not mandatory. Training will be provided to help you gain ground.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56716