Fannie Mae Careers
Internal Audit Strategic Solutions & Innovation Director
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Internal Audit Strategic Solutions & Innovation (SSI) Director plays a key role in supporting the SSI VP in delivering key components of the Internal Audit strategy. Key responsibilities include: Leading and managing Audit Committee reporting, Board goals development and tracking, regulatory reporting, various executive reporting, annual audit planning, continuous risk assessment process, issue management, quality assurance improvement program (QAIP), resource (including co-source) management, overall training program, budget and expense management, and ensuring compliance against policy and other regulatory guidelines for the Internal Audit (IA) division. Provide formal supervision and coaching of staff. Maintain strong relationship with various first-line and second-line management teams, external auditors, regulators, and audit leadership to influence and ensure enhanced collaboration and coordination of IA?s critical activities, especially in the areas of Audit Committee reporting and key focus area tracking & reporting.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the IA Professional Practices (IAPP) group, including the development of comprehensive annual audit plan and the execution of the quarterly risk assessment process.
- Identify and report on critical and emerging risks through a collaborative risk assessment process and proactively monitor for changes to industry and regulatory requirements, guidance, and pronouncements.
- Deliver accurate and high-quality Audit Committee and other board of Director?s level committee meeting materials, regulatory reporting, and internal management reporting within established time frames.
- Manage the overall Quality Assurance Improvement Program (QAIP) which assess adherence to IIA Standards and IA Policy, Standards, and Procedures. This includes work on a variety of projects that will provide quality assurance for the internal audit function and implementation of process improvements.
- Assist with the implementation of IA?s strategic priorities, including metrics reporting against established goals and priorities.
- Provide direct oversight of staff. Establish policies and procedures to guide the audit staff and facilitate consistent, high quality outcomes and deliverables. Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of industry, business and regulatory issues and Internal Audit best practices. Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Serve as primary point of contact for key audit business partners and stakeholders; assume overall responsibility for relationship management for external auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing Internal Audit knowledge and best practices. Serve as Internal Audit representative for corporate wide committees and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Data & analytics
- Agile Audit
- Robotic Process Automation
- (RPA) knowledge is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56712