Fannie Mae Careers
Product Development Manager-Home Energy Efficiency
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Utilize expertise in leading and performing assignments related to developing new products or improving existing products for an assigned marketing initiative or customer group. Interpret reports and other data and provide expertise to internal and external customers. Conduct research and determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May operate in a lead or supervisory role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead teams in developing and defining business requirements for mortgage products. Conduct research and analyses. Assess market needs and opportunities. Maintain industry relations and coordinate response on relevant industry developments.
- Operate in a lead capacity during product development. Define scope, project management plans, and issues and risks. Manage timely and effective product delivery and deployment.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to appropriate compliance and controls related to product development.
- Test products. Ensure that products and product enhancements yield expected business results.
- Manage lender and vendor implementations. Coordinate activities to deliver products to market.
- Educate customers. Provide strategic product expertise and guidance on significant matters. Oversee development of product documentation, FAQs, reference materials for internal and external audiences, and customer training.
- Design and develop marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products, product lines, or product areas.
- Provide ongoing marketing support to ensure competitiveness of existing products. Recommend enhancements.
- May perform complex product development and management projects. Provide information to internal and/or external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of or experience in financing energy-efficiency home improvements and working with energy efficient service providers or utilities companies is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience working to create sustainable solutions for low and moderate-income homebuyers preferred.
- Willingness to take initiative to develop unique solutions.
- Excellent ability to clearly and simply articulate complex concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate, collaborate, and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization and industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects requiring cross-functional collaboration with different business units.
- Ability to understand and incorporate larger corporate strategy into daily actions.
- Strong test and learn focus with ability to take data and analysis and determine and execute best options for success.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56707