Fannie Mae Careers
Multifamily Credit Risk Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Facilitate the analysis, monitoring and management of Multifamily products, assets, and or Counterparties, track profitability targets, mitigate Multifamily credit risk. Develop data, financial analytics and reports to communicate business unit activities to Multifamily' stakeholders. Manage lender requests. Support the development and implementation of Multifamily credit risk standards, policies and procedures. Communicate uses and applications of the Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide (MSSG) policies to affected parties. Provide management direction to the business unit.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support activities to further develop the team's understanding of the Multifamily market including; DUS model, loss sharing, products, real estate finance, transactions and structures, legal contracts, loan documents, property/ collateral valuation, cap rates, credit, regional markets.
- Provide subject matter expertise specific to the Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide (MSSG) policies, its uses and applications.
- Enroll team in business processes to analyze Multifamily portfolio data, counterparties, markets, complex loan agreements/ terms, financial statements, cash flows and loss calculations. Build expertise within the team to identify trends, and draw reasonable conclusions from examination of data and other sources of information.
- Significant depth of understanding of business unit activities and in context of coordinating team and customer interactions to mitigate financial and credit risk. Resolve problems, source and develop information to negotiate position(s) with customers and senior management.
- Direct others in the process of navigating multiple systems, managing data, creating reports and implementing business plans. Ensure team members are focused upon data quality and integrity. Enroll others to resolve issues and mitigate risk.
- Improve processes to monitor and communicate credit risk within the team and across the Multifamily organization.
- Lead and develop action plans for non-routine project-based work including regulatory and internal audit activities.
- Maintain Fannie Mae training schedule. Actively focus upon personal development aligned with Fannie Mae leadership criteria for people managers and that complements business unit goals.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6+ years experience underwriting Multifamily debt; experience with Fannie Mae Delegated Underwriting and Servicing (DUS)
- Ability to analyze loan documents and review transactions to adhere to Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide standards
- Working knowledge of Multifamily Seller and Servicer Guide, and ability to interpret and apply the Guide across complex Multifamily transactions
- Well developed relationship management skills, interpersonal and influencing skills, and ability to work with internal and external customers
- Must be able to clearly communicate results of own analysis, complex ideas, and processes to stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56701