Fannie Mae Careers
Cyber Security Analyst IV - Incident Response
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Report to the Cyber Incident Response manager as part of Information Security's Threat Detection and Response team to assist in triage, investigation, containment and remediation of cyber security incidents.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead/assist with building out a structured cyber threat hunt program/process
- Prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
- Create and track security investigations to resolution
- Lead, perform or review security incident investigations
- Work to find new technologies or develop new techniques that can be used to improve the incident response process.
- Contribute to security strategy and overall security posture by identifying security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements
- Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
- Participate in other activities relating to security and privacy incident management
- Participate in continuous information security skills development/training
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience with Arcsight/Splunk, Carbon Black Response/Crowdstrike/Tanium, FTK/Encase, Volatility, Incident Response, Threat Hunting, Network Packet Analysis, Host Based MFT and Log Analysis, Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering.
- Experience conducting live response.
- Experience with with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Strong understanding of Windows Internals.
- Strong understanding of Linux and experience with management/administration.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56695