Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
- Interfaces with Product Management, customers, external consultants and information technology.
- Ability to conduct analysis of business needs, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations.
- Develop new Microstrategy reports & Tableau Dashboards Reports and defect fixes the existing Reports.
- Ability to quickly respond to Trader needs. Be able to provide ad-hoc solutions using SQL to provide data and support to answer business questions.
- Ability to connect to multiple data sources to pull data together to provide an end to end life cycle picture for business.
- Provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Own the integrity of the solution through customer acceptance (UAT)
- Work with various vendor applications such as Bloomberg, TradeWeb & BRS etc.
- Capable of learning new tools to create analytics, reporting and automation solutions for internal customers’ use cases.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of working knowledge of Financial Markets, Fixed Income Market preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, respond to time sensitive situations and take on new responsibilities.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science or Business/Accounting.
- Strong of Fixed Income Securities.
- Ability to use Microstrategy or Tableau reporting for developing Analytics and reports.
- Team player with a hands-on approach.
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills, assertiveness, initiative, and attention to detail are required.
- Experience partnering with internal clients to develop, analyze, and present reports specific to business needs.
- Understanding of agile methodology and testing methodology/procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work independently as well as in a dynamic matrix team environment to provide support to the business users.
- Experience and strong knowledge of creating and using complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and validating reports/backend data.
- Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle including requirements, design, and development and testing.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56678