Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Financial Analysis
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct work of a unit whose staff examine financial assets, real assets, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business unit regarding analysis of financial asset(s), pending purchase or investment, or aggregate of financial data requiring financial analysis in order to complete pricing, cash flow, or other analytical exercise.
- Assign work to analyst(s) with pertinent skills and knowledge and provide technical oversight or assistance to analytical processes.
- Provide technical input or systems requirements to development efforts to create or modify proprietary financial analysis applications used for analytical purposes by the unit.
- Develop standards for and continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit(s), product line(s), client group(s) or market segment(s).
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience (7-10 years) working in Accounting or FP&A organizations in a Senior Manager or Director level capacity.
- Experience (3-4 years) developing and managing budgets and business case financial plans for Strategic Initiative (SI) and Maintenance.
- Comfortable presenting and maintaining regular communication with senior officers including MC level executives.
- Effectively able to articulate (written and verbal) complex concepts at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience implementing new operational strategies within their own organization.
- Effectively influence business partners to ensure compliance with Financial processes which best support the goals of the Enterprise.
- Identify and bring forward new ideas and solutions to problems identified by your customers, team and coworkers.
- Lead projects with Corporate Finance and other BU CFO teams to improve existing processes and build new capabilities to better serve our internal customers
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56672